Most of the rules are to be complied with International Judo Federation (IJF) rules. Certain specificities have been added, in compliance with the French Federation rules or the organizer's own rules.
1. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Each federation affiliated to the International Judo Federation may enter as many athletes as it desires, if they respect conditions of registration :
- Each athlete can participate only in the weight category for which he/she is enrolled, except if the organizers decide to combine two categories.
- On the day of the competition, the comprtitors must have held a license for at least 2 years and be green belt holders or higher.
- Each athlete participates in the age division which is determined by his/her year of birth.
- Competitors who have double nationality can represent only one participating country.
- Athletes who have participated in an official international competition organized by the IJF (with the exception of Masters) over the last two seasons are excluded from the event.
2. AGE AND CONTEST DURATION
Competitors don't have to be 30 years old on the day of the competition : an athlete born on 31st December 1988 can participate to the competition of 2nd November 2018, he/ she will be registered in the F1/M1 division.
Age divisions will be determined according to the year of birth and not the date on birth : an athlete born on 30th November 1983 will be enrolled in the M2/F2 division even if he is 34 years old on 2nd November 2018.
3. WEIGHT CATEGORIES
A combination of two categories is possible if the number of participants in one of them is insufficient : Cf 5. COMPETITION FORMULA
4. JUDOGIS AND BACK NUMBERS
Blue judogis are accepted, but otherwise each judoka must be in possession of his personal red belt.
All judogi suppliers are authorized as long as the judogi complies with technival norms.
Back numbers :
Organizers will supply athletes with sponsors back numbers, which will have to be worn during the competition.
Official IJF or EJU back numbers can stay on judogis, those back numbers being stuck underneath.
5. COMPETITION FORMULA
4 or 5 athletes : one pool.
6 athletes : 2 pools of 3, the two first ones in each pool are qualified for the semi finals.
7 athletes : 1 pool of 4 and 1 pool of 3, the two first ones in each pool are qualified for the semi finals.
More than 7 athletes : an elimination system with double second chance.
For 1, 2 or 3 athletes : the organizers are free to take the initiative of combining age and/or weight categories as coherently as possible, the closest age category being privileged.
6. ORDER OF PRESENTATION PER CATEGORIES
The timetable for the presentation of each category will be posted before the 1st November 2018 at 11 pm.
For the different categories, athletes will be invited to be present at :
- 9 am : M5 until M10 and all females
- 11.30 am : M1 & M2
- 2 pm : M3 & M4
Warning: Schedules may change according to age categories with the highest number of registrants
7. RULES OF THE DECISIVES ADVANTAGES
- There is no limit time when it comes to Golden Score
- Except from F7/M7, the Golden Score is limited to one minute. In case of a tie, the decisive adavantage system will be applied.
8. POINTS FOR GRADES
Masters will be able to score points for their grades according to officials rules :
- For Occitanie's athletes, points will be signed on the spot if the representative of the Regional Grades Committee agrees.
- For Others French's athletes, regional representatives will be able to download results as soon as posted on FFJDA website, to certify points.
- For foreign athletes, representatives of National Grades Committees will be able download results as soon as posted on FFJDA website, to certify points, if their National Federation allows it.
9. FRENCH RANKING
The d'Artagnan Master has been inclued in Labeled Tournaments A by the FFJDA. Therefore, the results will be taken into account for a national ranking system determined by the different French organizers.
First Class French Masters Tournaments probable points table
- A judoka alone in his category does not score any point as winner.
- Each no rated participant will score 10 points for participation, the same for a judoka alone in its category
- To determine the winner at the end of the season, the number of 1st ranks will be taken into account, and, if necessary 2nd ranks, …